Hi Em & Chris,
I was just reading your blog about chickens !! Had myself a great laugh !! I don't know if your mother remembers but, We had chickens in England !! The place we lived in was the Gate house to a Mansion ( By the way, where Kate, who just married William , is from, Buckleberry, England ) Anyway, I had 6 Rhode Island Red hens who lived in cages outside my kitchen window !! They never left the cage - sad, but true, and, layed the best eggs ever !! Some of them were triple yokes !! Unfortunatley, Your mother and her siblings, would not eat the eggs because, they could see the hens and also saw where the egss came from - yup - they thought the egss were " poops " - too funny, but true !! I had to sell the eggs !! OH - I did cook with them -
They do smell a little but, you just learn to clean, clean, clean - and, enjoy !!!!!!!!
Not an entirely ringing endorsement for chickenry, but at least now we know that my chicken obsession is genetic if nothing else!
No comments:
Post a Comment