I figured that while I was posting Pie-Dinner recipes, I'd have to throw this one in. Sometimes Chris gets a look in his eye and I just know...it's Quesadilla Pie night.
You will need:
Filling:
1 12-inch tortilla
A pile of cooked and chopped chicken*
1/4-1/2 cup pepperchini peppers, chopped
1 can corn
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
(Recipe calls for 1 tsp fresh cilantro but I think it tastes like soap.)
Topping:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 425 F. Combine all filling ingredients. Place tortilla in greased pie plate. Dump filling mixture on top of tortilla. Combine topping ingredients until they are the consistency of pancake batter. Pour over filling. Bake 25-30 mins until nicely browned.
Serve with hot sauce (Chris) or ketchup (me). Heaven.
* I tend to buy chicken on sale and freeze. I do all sorts of stuff with it. Sometimes if I have to get rid of some, I'll just roast it for about 25 mins in a 400F oven and then store it in the fridge. I chop that up into this recipe, or chicken salad, or tacos...use your imagination. The freezer is your friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment