First of all, we can't use Philip as our closing attorney. Our mortgage broker said that he would do "everything he could" to make sure Philip could be added to "the list" of lawyers they use, but to no avail. So now we have another lawyer to bring up to speed on the deal before we close. Ugh. This morning, I paid $583 for our home insurance policy so that New Lawyer would be happy. (Bringing us to $1300 paid already, for those of you counting) So New Lawyer got his paperwork, and the insurance lady got her money, and we still don't have an occupancy permit!!! The bank is telling us that the city inspector is on vacation, but the work is all done, blah blah, we should have it all by Monday, Tuesday at the LATEST. I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath...
Things are moving, though. Slowly but surely. I'm just hoping that we end up moving eventually.
And in the midst of all this, I had to deal with Bally's Total Fitness this morning. I lack the stamina to discuss the whole situation now, but please know that Bally's is not the gym for you. We cancelled our membership with them this morning after about a month of arguing about price and location. Needless to say, I'm going outside for a run today...
More info soon, I hope!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment