So today's checklist is as follows:
1) Bank, followed by immediate dry heaving (note the lack of breakfast).
2) Scoot to the house to read the electric meter.
3) Head to our CLOSING!
Philip, the Greek God of Real Estate Law, will be meeting us there, and hopefully the whole thing shouldn't take more than an hour. Hopefully. I tried to look out for things that could go terribly wrong and avert them, but I can only do so much. After we close, we're going back to the house to drop some things off from the boxes I packed yesterday. This is going to be a very gradual move - we might rent a U-Haul and move all the furniture at once next weekend, but we have the apartment until August 15th and I'd like to get it painted before we move our stuff in. However, saving $100 on Chris' bus pass by moving in earlier may change my mind...
This weekend will be spent cleaning, cleaning, planning, and meeting with contractors. I'd love to get painting but no promises. I'll post more today in case of emergency, but count on a Sunday night picture post of our new place!!
I packed our first box yesterday!

I couldn't sleep at all last night - so much to think about, to be nervous about, to be excited about. Finally got up early this morning and made myself some tea. Here's to a great day, I hope!

Congrats on becoming more of an adult than I'll ever be.
ReplyDelete