It started with breakfast - crepes for both of us, peanut butter-chocolate for Chris and raspberry jam for me. I was trying to use an incognito Seinfeld reference to hint at Chris' anniversary gift - cigars! I got him one cigar for every month of our second year of marriage. He doesn't really smoke them but will share them with friends, etc. He thought that was a very original idea for a paper gift.
We then went to Penny's dog school graduation ceremony - yahoo! Leo's classes start next month and I think he's going to enjoy it so much more than she did.
After that, we did some cleaning, laundry, etc. Chris went out 'to do errands' (aka find a gift for me) and I watched Teen Mom with the dogs. He came home with a beautiful Phalenopsis orchid that really brightens up our dining room.
Then, we went out! Drinks with my parents and dinner at the place where we got married. It was great to be back and nice to see it set up for a wedding - someone that shares our anniversary! No, we didn't crash it, but Chris wanted to.
![]() |
| July 16, 2010 |
| July 16, 2011 |
Chris had a dry-aged lump of meat that was incredibly delicious. I had a pork porterhouse with a rhubarb reduction that I could have bathed in. We wrapped up with one of the cutest desserts I've ever seen and rolled off to our next adventure.
We then puttered home, walked the dogs, hit the hay. Who knows that today will bring but I'm so glad to have Chris by my side for all of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment