School starts Monday, so pardon the alliteration as I get pumped for another year in the saddle. Something I wanted to blog about recently was the huge difference in Leo's coat since he's come home. When we first brought him home, he had grown what our groomer called a 'shelter coat' and our vet called a 'stress coat'. Basically, the dog gets freaked out and their hair gets weird. Compared to Penny's glossy hair, Leo was like snuggling a brillo pad. Scratchy, coarse, and brittle. It didn't look quite right, either. I had faith that a little organic dog food and some love would straighten him out and, as is sometimes the case, I was right.
![]() |
| June 8th - skinny and coarse |
A lot of this transformation comes from their food, but the vet also suggested Flaxseed oil. It was a bit hard to find (I ended up finding it at Trader Joe's) but the difference is huge. Also, something in the oil makes their food extra delicious which is always helpful when you have dogs who won't eat. Yay for Leo looking so sexy! Even Penny might start thinking so...maybe...



No comments:
Post a Comment