Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How Cheap Is She?

I'm real, real cheap. You may have realized that by now. But Chris realized that my cheapness had come to a whole new level when he came home one day last week to find this pyramid on the kitchen counter:


Yes, not one but FIVE boxes of TAZO Passion Tea. All five purchased at Marshall's for the fabulous price of...$20!


Now before you roll your eyes, this is my FAVORITE summer beverage. I drink it the way some people drink coffee. But before last week, I was only able to buy it at Starbucks for $4/cup. I honestly never even thought about purchasing it elsewhere. Just goes to show that a little poking around the 'housewears' section at Marshall's can sometimes pay off!

Oh and also - we refinanced our mortgage this week. It was only moderately a pain in the tookus (thanks to my meticulous filing system).  This happened after a long time of hemming and hawing - should we, shouldn't we, will rates spike or stay put? We finally decided that enough was enough and it was time to refinance from 6.25% to 4.3%. That savings is going to be great help as we launch our great WE TRY RESTAURANTS blog initiative, that will hopefully be penned by the great and wonderful Chris...don't hold your breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment