Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dinner Tonight: Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mashed and Peas

Tonight's dinner was Trader Joe's Apple and Cranberry stuffed chicken breasts. Delicious! They also make one that has olives in it that Chris is dying to try, but I hate olives, so he'll just have to keep on wondering.

So, step one is go to the meat section and buy them. Bake for 45 mins in a 400 oven or until they come out to be 155-160 degrees. These are nearly flawless - I keep them on hand for rushed nights like tonight.

On the side, I made a banner meal - mashed potatoes! We almost never have them but I had a real craving tonight. I use 2 medium sized Yukon Gold or Red potatoes, cut in quarters and boiled. Once they are fork tender, I cover the bottom of the pan with milk (or half and half, oink) and a tablespoon sized pat of butter. I let the spuds cook in the milk until the butter melts, then add a tablespoon of sour cream. Salt, pepper, and smoosh 'em up! Delicious. My stepmom also taught me the awesome trick of slowly re-heating cold potatoes with hot milk - something I think is lost on the microwave generation. Works every time!

We had peas as a veggie, and we learned tonight that Penny LOVES peas when I dropped a bunch of them on the floor. Peas, carrots...what else will this dog eat?!

Tomorrow night: Beans and rice! Get pumped!

1 comment:

  1. I quickly glanced at the title of your post in my blog list and I thought I saw "mashed peas" and I might have said "gross" outloud. Leave those for Maddie!

    ReplyDelete