Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vamos a la playa!

Seriously! The beach! In January!

Yesterday was a beautiful day around these parts - 50 degrees and sunny. We figured that the best way to beat our New Year's Day blues was to head up to Chris' parents house in Gloucester and take the dogs to the dog beach!

We refer to Good Harbor beach as 'the dog beach' because a) it seems like everyone in town brings their dogs there, b) it's sheltered from the road and has a huge stretch of beach, and c) we can kayak there in the summer and sneak the dog onto a secret part of the beach during the 'no dogs allowed' months. Yesterday was no disappointment. Penny had a great time and even went into the water with her buddy Champ! It was a great way to start the new year and I still can't believe I saw my dog jump in the water...this is the dog who in September of 2009 would hide under the bed when I slammed a cabinet shut by accident. She's getting so brave! (Which is a great thing when she tries things like swimming...when she runs out the front door into the street, I wish she was a bit more fearful.)

Anyhoo, some shots of our day below. Happy New Year!

Chris' parents dog, Champ, swimming for rocks. He's incredible. 

Penny finds him tiresome. 

And after one excursion, decides to watch his antics from the shore. 

Hey! Guys! I found this rock!

Imagine Odysseus wearing sunglasses...
Odysseus and Penelope


Odysseus, Penelope and...Anticlea? (Penelope's servant?)


No comments:

Post a Comment