Thursday, January 27, 2011

On Second Thought...

Maybe things haven't been so monotonous after all. After I wrote that post, I got thinking about all the great things that we've been doing. Another snow day today left me with some time to take pictures of all of our winter wonders...
 Some lemon-raspberry lintzer cookies I made in today's boredom...

 Snowstorm pics abound. We now have about 4 feet of snow on either end of the driveway. It makes shoveling it almost impossible. 
 Even this picture makes me laugh a little. The upstairs windows are now mostly blocked on the bottom. We have lots of snow. 

 Our screen door bit the dust in the last storm...so now our door opens to the deck itself. And the snow piles up. And piles and piles. 
 Penny is the queen of the mountain, of course. 

 We've spent our snow days cuddled up like this. Thankfully I've been keeping up on my claritin. 
Sometimes I feel like Penny thinks she has to entertain me on snow days...I was calling to her to bring me her toy this morning (which she has been doing again!) and I found her passed out with it on the floor in the living room. Keeping me out of trouble sure is hard work, huh. 

I also read the first book in the 'Hunger Games' series yesterday. Brought it home from the library in advance of a snow day to read and...oops. Finished it by 10pm. Hopefully I can lay my hands on the other two in short notice. Things are really not as monotonous as I make them seem. Next month, I hope to post a 'Guest Bedroom Makeover!' post after I re-do the guest room over vacation! I'm planning that and a million other things before the snow stops flying. I just hope that the kids are ready to have school on the fourth of July...

No comments:

Post a Comment