Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Recent Acquisition

As you can see, we have recently acquired a piano! My parents had this one at the Cape house and generously donated it to us. I've been playing poorly. I will probably not be ready for a Christmas sing-a-long. It's in the dining room for now, and I like it there. Takes up space on the Giant Wall of Nothingness.
In other news, we ALMOST have neighbors! Our neighbors are building their new house on the lot next door, and they started excavation for the driveway/garage today. In order to do so, they had to pull out the stump from a GIANT tree that was taken down a few years ago. Neighborhood lore says that the former owner of our house, Elmer, used to do his yardwork with a hard hat on because of the golf-ball sized acorns. I doubted this for some time until I got home today and saw the roots they had pulled out:

Unbelieveable! I'm so glad we didn't have to take that tree down. What a disaster. In other news, the dog is looking AWESOME. Her hair is growing back and she is living up to her former name (Fluffy. Original.). She is also playing much better, and even began BRINGING BACK her toys when we throw them! There is a video below of her not bringing it back. She had brought it back about 5-6 times when I went for the camera, and Chris said, "As soon as you take the video, she's not going to do it." She didn't. But it's still a cute vid! We are so crazy about her. More updates soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment