Sunday, November 8, 2009

An Eventful Day


Well, it was an eventful weekend for us, the house, and the dog. It involved:

- Walking in woods
- Studying
- Further purchase of Home Decorating items
- Yard and lawn maintenance
- Gardening
- Dog surgery
- A baby coating me in salsa.

I'll be brief:

I went up Saturday to hang out with my mom and sister. We went shopping and I got a TON of great house stuff for very cheap at Joanne Fabrics. Unfortunately, everything I bought ended up being borderline useless; I bought the wrong size tension rod, the wrong size curtain bars, curtains that Chris didn't like...the list continues. A walk in the woods made all of us feel better, but it was still maddening to make all those mistakes at once.

Today, we did yard work. I am very focused on creating a wildflower meadow on the ledge part of our side yard, and I did the groundwork for it today. It took Chris and I three hours (exactly!) to rake and clean the whole yard as it right now, and to plant the wildflower meadow with the seeds we got from Chris' mom. They, of course, expired in 2006, so we'll see if anything comes up...

Also today, we noticed that Penny was very focused on a certian spot on her belly. Chris poked around and uncovered a piece of suture from her spay sticking out! EW! We called the helpful humane society people we know that they helped us fix it in an appropriate manner. It involved a lot of alcohol swabs and dry-heaving on my part. The easy thing about it was that as long as you're patting one part of Penny, she's in heaven, even if the other part of her has string being pulled out of it. It was an experience I hope not to repeat anytime soon.

And this afternoon was great. Some friends of ours came over to watch football, and I just kept thinking that this is what we wanted all that time we were living in lousy apartments. A place to hang out and be comfortable with friends and family. We made a lot of jokes today about how nice it was to be warm, and to have a bathroom door that closed, and a light that had a switch instead of a pull chain. We love this house more and more every day, and we're saving away our money to do even more improvements this summer. Stay tuned!

On a pictoral note - we were a little bit worried that Penny had never been around kids, so we were interested to see how she reacted to our wonderful one-year-old friend Manny. See for yourself:

Thankfully, Manny is now walking (FINALLY) and we got some ring-bearer practice time in:

No comments:

Post a Comment