Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Shameless Penny Pics and Updated Decor


There's not a lot going on with us to blog about right now. Chris is in the throes of studying for the CFA exam as he has been for the last six months and the last six months before that. Hopefully this will be his last test for awhile! I'm ready to have him back after work and on weekends. Right now, he just kind've looks like this:

Penny, however, is looking really great. Our constant walking and running (she's fast!) have helped her to gain muscle and weight and her hair is coming back with a vengance. I was doing some research last night after someone on the street told me she looked more like a Spitz than a Pomeranian. After looking at the pictures, I think they're right. A Spitz should weigh around 20-25 pounds, where a Pom should be 3-7, and Penny is definetly on the higher end of that. Looks like we've found our mix! Either way, she is a very smart and loving dog and we are lucky to have her home, even as I watch her indulge in her new and strange habit of licking the floor...

I did a bit more decorating, too. Our wonderful family friend Lori gave us a gift card to Crate+Barrel for our engagement, which I used on some decorative shelving and accessories for the living room. My friend Joanna (interior design goddess!) has me obsessed with flameless votives which I used to add warmth to the space. With a thermal curtain, everything ties together and looks great! I'm sure my stepmom would tell me to iron the curtain, too, but I do enjoy the Clampett-esque look of the factory creases...


We have also started the Christmas Transformation, but will do more on that after Chris' exam on Saturday. I put lights up on the porch using mainly MacGyver skill and duct tape (which may be the same thing). It looks a bit Clampett-ish as well, but isn't that what Christmas is about?

It's a wonderful life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment