We start moving today. I was considering doing a "Thank You Apartment" post with pictures of our current situation, but it's really not worth it. If you've been here, you know that this apartment is mainly held together with layers of joint compound and lead paint, and that the bathroom has a mold problem that just won't quit, regardless of how many times Chris mops it with bleach. I think this post is better served looking into the future rather than into the past...but be excited! Both of our bathroom doors fully close and lock now. Movin' on up!
I am lucky enough to have had this whole month off so far, and I don't go back until the 31st. I've been at the house every day, and on the weekends with Chris and a crew of wonderful volunteers, getting it ready for this weekend. We've changed the paint color in almost every room (kitchen and laundry room photos were posted awhile ago) and the before/afters are below:
Dining room before. These walls were in tough shape.
Dining after. They are now in blue shape!
Living room before...not too bad.
Living room now! Sunshiny goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment