The offending peak - primed. It is now painted and looks lovely!
Today, my Uncle John and cousin Patrick are here working on the chimney. It used to look like this:
If you look closely, you can see that it has what's called a "beehive" on it. People in the 60's used to think that kept out critters. They were misinformed. Uncle John rebuilt it so that it looks like this:
Muuch nicer, lower profile, etc. They did a lot of hard work today and we really appreciate it! As of right now, we have two functional bathrooms, a watertight roof, and an intact heating system. What more could we need? Today's cool temps make me think about fall and winter and how we are ready for the cold...
I'm also thinking about my return to work. Tomorrow is my last day as the Boss Lady around here, and looking back over my month of home renovating, I really enjoyed it. It was never boring. I met fun and crazy people and developed a deeper appreciation for our home (and our money) that I may not have had was I just writing checks. We planned this so well, and I am so lucky to be able to have all of this time off to have spent lovingly repairing our old dame of a house. I even made apple muffins to celebrate.
I'm ready to go back to school and get a new year started, but I'm also ready to come home every day to a home that we love. We are so lucky and happy to be here!
(PS: For those of you hunting for wedding info/updates, you will not find them here. Please call or e-mail with questions, but save the dates will go out this fall. I promise!)
.... . .-.. .--.
ReplyDelete