Yes, I missed Photo Friday. We were visited by some out-of-town friends who ended up staying the night and Photo Friday slipped my mind completely. I do, however, have some pics for this Friday of a totally awesome DIY art project!
Today is Sunday. We don't have work tomorrow. My parents came for dinner. And at 5pm, I opened the downstairs bathroom door (to let the AC in so that my parents wouldn't have to pee in the humidity) only to find the floor covered in water. "Ughhh, the toilet overflowed," I sighed. Oh no. IF ONLY the toilet had overflowed. I walked in to find the pan of the stand-up shower absolutely cascading water onto the floor. Apparently we have some sort of clog in our main drain and currently we are crossing our legs and waiting for the plumber.
This is the kind of situation that makes me really glad that I didn't burn a bridge with our contractor buddy. Even though I wasn't 100% happy with their last job, I didn't say anything, having some faith that we just were using them at a really busy time. Tonight, in my moment of panic, I called our previous contractor asking him to recommend a plumber who could come out on Labor Day weekend. Ten minutes later, I was on the phone with the plumber who is excusing himself from a family event to be here by 8pm. So glad we still have that connection.
And now...we wait. Updates on this coming...ahhh, the joys of homeownership!
No comments:
Post a Comment