My mom has subscribed me to Cooks' Illustrated for years now. The back page of their magazine always has the most beautiful hand-drawn illustrations of foods in the same categories - fish, herbs, vegetables, etc. I decided (okay, I ripped this idea off of my mom) to cut them to size and frame them. We have a total of 11 illustrations and I'm going to swap some of them out seasonally. Right now we have pumpkins, Mexican herbs, chile peppers, mescalin greens, and carrots. In a few weeks I'll swap out the peppers for some autumn corn. We keep complimenting ourselves on how much it dresses up the room. We paid under $5 apiece for the frames (booyah Michael's teacher discount!) though I did have to buy a paper trimmer for this project. For a total investment of about $30, we have some lovely wall art! Thanks mom!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
DIY Art Project
For the longest time, I've felt like the kitchen needed a little 'something.' At first it was a tile back splash, which Chris firmly refused to allow me to attempt. (Stay tuned, I might win this one before we pay the mortgage off.) I did, however, talk him into helping me put up some fantastic found art above the big window!
My mom has subscribed me to Cooks' Illustrated for years now. The back page of their magazine always has the most beautiful hand-drawn illustrations of foods in the same categories - fish, herbs, vegetables, etc. I decided (okay, I ripped this idea off of my mom) to cut them to size and frame them. We have a total of 11 illustrations and I'm going to swap some of them out seasonally. Right now we have pumpkins, Mexican herbs, chile peppers, mescalin greens, and carrots. In a few weeks I'll swap out the peppers for some autumn corn. We keep complimenting ourselves on how much it dresses up the room. We paid under $5 apiece for the frames (booyah Michael's teacher discount!) though I did have to buy a paper trimmer for this project. For a total investment of about $30, we have some lovely wall art! Thanks mom!
My mom has subscribed me to Cooks' Illustrated for years now. The back page of their magazine always has the most beautiful hand-drawn illustrations of foods in the same categories - fish, herbs, vegetables, etc. I decided (okay, I ripped this idea off of my mom) to cut them to size and frame them. We have a total of 11 illustrations and I'm going to swap some of them out seasonally. Right now we have pumpkins, Mexican herbs, chile peppers, mescalin greens, and carrots. In a few weeks I'll swap out the peppers for some autumn corn. We keep complimenting ourselves on how much it dresses up the room. We paid under $5 apiece for the frames (booyah Michael's teacher discount!) though I did have to buy a paper trimmer for this project. For a total investment of about $30, we have some lovely wall art! Thanks mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment