Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The House is Warmed

This would be the place to put all those pictures that I took at our housewarming party that we finally had on Saturday. Right. Except that I didn't take any because I was running around like a crazy person. Oops!

It was so nice, though, to have all of our friends and family have a chance to see the house. We love it here and we hope that others do, too!

It was interesting to get the perspective from other homeowners about the homeowning process. The one hint we keep getting is that the work never ends. It's true. I may have new, less dangerous stairs, but I'm balancing my legs underneath my hips right now to avoid resting my feet on the freezing, uninsulated kitchen floor. One thing at a time, right?

The other sad news is that Chris' CFA exam materials came yesterday (which was also my birthday). He'll go back into his Fortress of Solitude to study again starting this week, coming out only to eat, work and take the exam in June. I know this is good for our future but I've really grown accustomed to having him around. For example, I went to close the living room blinds on Sunday and they crashed down on my head. Instead of spending the next hour fiddling with them, I shouted, "FIX IT!" and Chris lept into action. They're sitting on the couch now, lifeless, but at least I'm not entirely to blame for their demise...

Winter is settling in. The animals around our house have gone into hibernation and the trash is safe, for now. Penny's fall coat is shedding out and her winter coat is glossy, red and beautiful. I've had the piano tuned in advance of some jamming while Chris studies and I've re-invested in the gym, looking towards a 10k race in April. This weekend we will buy and set up our fifth Christmas tree together. All is calm, all is bright.

And most of all...I love sitting on our freezing cold porch with Chris in the glow of our Christmas lights and the strange ozone smell of that giant Santa.

In lieu of pictures of the party, I will post some of Penny with her new favorite toy. My sister bought it because it was called a 'backyard pest' and she found that humorous. Penny has yet to be separated from her loving possum.

No comments:

Post a Comment