Well, it's fall and things with the house are pretty slow. Chris is back to studying for the CFA exam (don't ask), and if it doesn't involve cleaning or food, I'm pretty much not doing it. Some things have gotten done, like locks on the bulkhead and the shed doors, but most everything else is waiting for spring.
So I've decided to take a moment this week and post about our dog. Most people know by now just how happy we are to have Penny in our lives. I don't make snarky comments at the radio anymore aimed at commercials claiming that dogs decrease stress. She really is a wonderful addition to our family and we are so happy to have her. But you know what? She has a pretty sweet life. Here's some hard evidence:

I often break rules for the dog, mainly in the cemetaries near our house. We live in a pretty dense and trafficy area, so it's nice to get off the main road and walk in a quiet place, even if it is with dead people.

I also allow the dog to attempt to climb trees, even though it just makes her mad. It's just too darn cute to disallow.

You can't see it in the picture, but her tail is wagging furiously. This is her "Are we going outside? Are we going outside?" stance.

We took her to the Fells Reservation on Sunday for a wee hike. She loved it! She even made friends with some other local dogs.

You can see here that she's lost a lot of hair - I was told at the vet that this was normal post-pardom behavior for dogs. Especially dogs that were breeding machines like our Penny. It seems like the shedding has calmed down for now and her hair is actually growing back. Phew! I was worried we were looking at a
Chinese Crested for awhile there.

Penny also LOVES the car, especially trying to help Chris drive his. He is not amused.

When I take her to the park to work on her fetching skills, her toys usually do this.

While she does this. In this case, focusing on high school boys playing soccer instead of keeping her eye on the squeaky pink prize. We're working on it.
Penny's head got cut off a little, but still a great shot. For all her weirdness (who sleeps in laundry?) our dog is a great fit. We plan on loving her this crazily for however much longer she gives us!
No comments:
Post a Comment