And then we discuss last Sunday, which was our first night away from the house since we moved. We were at Chris' parents new beach house all day on Sunday and decided that watching the end of Terminator 2 at 11pm was worth staying the night. The Cakounes' are always glad to have us and are very welcoming, and I fell asleep easily.
Until I woke up. And woke up. And woke up. Every time with a deepening pang of guilt that we were not at home, in our own bed. Feeling terrible that we were leaving the house at the mercy of squatters and trash-picking critters. Overwhelmed by the horror of my actions, I finally got up and sat out of their roof deck until I felt better. Chris has decided that I should probably stay overnight somewhere a couple of times a month to get ready for our potential honeymoon...
I also went to my friend Lauren's today to look at some puppies. Very sweet, but probably not in the cards for us right now. Honestly, how could I handle the guilt of leaving a puppy if I can't even leave my own house?? :) Going to have to work on this...
All that said, we had a great day on Monday traveling the North Shore with family. Pics below!
Chris got a good idea there- were you able to cope with living on the beach in the past years?
ReplyDelete... .- ...- .
ReplyDelete