Sigh. I'm back.
The past month has been one of extremes for me. Poor Chris. He's been holed up in his study, working on the second level of his CFA exam, since December. And without him around...I get a little loopy.
In the past month, I have decided that this is the time to:
- have a baby
- not have a baby
- not EVER have a baby EVER
- get a new dog that was a bit too old for Chris' liking (so we didn't)
- get a new dog whom Penny later attempted to destroy (so we didn't)
- get a new dog who is 8 years old and has heartworm (so we didn't)
- buy a new car
- blog every day
- revamp my wardrobe
- continue my 5k running
- become an advanced home baker
From all of this, I have only managed to:
- not have a baby
- run two 5k races
I'm not sure what it is about Chris being SO busy that makes me feel so incredibly lazy. This happens every time he studies like this - I go through a stage of feeling completely useless, so I try to do everything, and hence get nothing done. I'm aware of this, and I'm moving on - one thing at a time. Deep breaths. Only worry about what I can manage.
One thing off my list today is Penny's dental appointment. After being told by our previous Evil Vet that she had STAGE FOUR GINGIVITIS and needed $2500 worth of dental work, I took her to our new Wonderful Vet and was told that her teeth looked like old dog teeth (suprise!) and just needed a cleaning in about six months. Well, that was six months ago. This morning I dropped Penny off and could hear her crying all the way down the street on my way back to the car. Totally heartbroken, I've been putting my nose to the grindstone today, getting stuff done while I wait to hear from the vet.
Today I:
- Dropped Chris at work
- Dropped Penny at vet
- Ran a 5k at the gym
- Did a massive load of paperwork for a summer class I'm taking. Oh yes, TAKING. Not currently working on. Amazing how much work you have to do to be APPROVED to take a class.
- Scanned things on my new printer/scanner/copier!
I'm planning to:
- Make Deep Dish Quesadilla Pie for dinner
- Marinate chicken for tomorrow's stir fry
- Watch more of 'Downtown Abbey' (Thanks to my favorite soon-to-be-newlyweds!)
And this whole time, I'll be starting at my phone, daring it to ring and let me know that Penny is ready to come home...hopefully that will abate my anxiety for awhile!
OMG I've been watching Downton Abbey all week too!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteI knew you would! That was my last thought before bed last night - 'must tell Summer about Downton Abbey'...YAY glad you got my brain message!
ReplyDelete