Friday, February 25, 2011

Rain rain rain.


Today, it rains and rains. I spent the morning cleaning the house within an inch of its life. It's funny how some Murphy Oil and Williams-Sonoma Pink Grapefruit floor wash have such a calming effect on my life. I had plans to have lunch with Chris' mom and my dearest Ashley, but I spent an hour dodging flooded streets before I gave up and headed home. Nothing much to do today besides fold laundry, right?

WRONG!

My dearest darling friend Summer introduced me to some ways to zazz up the blog, so I'm playing with that this afternoon. Thank you ShabbyBlogs! Penny is napping away on the futon beside me. I'm getting ready to give her a brush and blow dry, little does she know. Last week, I took her to our local groomer who did a $20 job, and I've been tidying it up ever since. I love this dog, but boy is she a lot of upkeep. And when you pay someone very little money to do said upkeep, she gets what Chris and I call the Unfortunate Bum. It's trimmed up to expose her lady parts, which must be embarassing, but it's also cold and itchy and just makes her miserable. Poor Penny and her Unfortunate Bum. Other than that, though, she has a pretty sweet life. 

The Unfortunate Bum

I adore you, Penelope Sue. As if anyone needed reminding.

No comments:

Post a Comment