Thursday, September 30, 2010

Job Benefits...and a squirrel friend

If you follow us at all, you'll know that I am a teacher. Well, without getting too specific, I'm a teacher in a vocational high school. We had an awesome professional day on Wednesday where we could choose to try out a technical area and see what it was like to perform some different jobs. I hemmed and hawed on this and decided to try my hand at masonry. The freshmen students do a really cool project in there with tile and I was hoping to pick up some tips for that pesky upstairs bath. Well...the best laid plans...

I got in there and was told that we were building a patio. Awesome! Just my luck! And you'd be amazed to know that a patio is on our short list for next summer...so let's do this. 

My teammates and I decided to choose the most difficult pattern for our patio: herrinbone. I was so surprised to see how easy it was once you got going. Now I'm not heading towards anything with a diamond tipped wet saw anytime soon, but this was really straightforward and easy to manage on a small scale. Hopefully Chris and I can figure it out...and if not, at least I'm buddies with the masons at school now!


 I know you're sick of Penny's birthday, but she deserves a birthday-food-eating pic post:
Ben and Jerry's...only the best!

We also misplaced her favorite orange squeaker on her birthday (damn that lawn extention!) so we had to go out and find her a new favorite toy. She now has Squirrel Friend that goes everywhere she does. She loves him and snuggles him and sometimes tries to rip his feet off. That's love. 


BFFL




No comments:

Post a Comment