Monday, June 7, 2010

Neighborly Things


I know, two posts in one week? Have I lost my mind, or my job? Neither. Just skipped the gym tonight and figured I'd post some updates.

Many of you wanted more dog pictures. You can find them below. Her belly is still not much better but she is herself, peppy and more energenic than ever. I figure she's fine as long as she's not bleeding and wants to play!




In other news, Frank was here today! And for our troubles, he had his guys do some weeding and mulching around our yard. In his words, it is the 'neighborly thing to do.' Whatever. It looks awesome. I <3>

Anyway, here's pictures of the house. :)

The mulch work is awesome. There's more of it on the other side but the pics came out too dark.

The tree stump came down today - it's being hauled out and all the brush cleared on Frank Wednesday (which could be any Wednesday between now and when snow flies). He claims this Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and - another project I forgot to mention - the one of the basement windows fell out. These were devastated by termites when the house sat on the market for a year and even after bug eradication they were a bit sketchy. We decided to see how long they would last us and well...about eight months. The funny thing about this one is that it fell into the basement in one whole piece, unscathed, and Chris just popped it back in. Ten minutes later we heard the crash and got out the skil saw. We now have a very classy wooden window that needs pre-wedding fixing and soon. It's on the list, trust me.

Did you know...we made our first offer on this house one year ago this week? So much has changed in the last year that has enhanced and challenged our lives. We are so lucky to be young, employed and in love, with the strength to tackle whatever comes our way. Here's to many more happy years in our cozy little house!



No comments:

Post a Comment